Terms and Conditions
We have kept these conditions as simple and clear as possible. No complicated legal texts.
We have kept these conditions simple and clear. No definitions.
Indentity of the entrepreneur
We are Smits Philately.
- You can reach us like this:
Visit:Grote Wade 23 A/B
3439 NX Nieuwegein
Write:Grote Wade 23 A/B
3439 NX Nieuwegein
- We can be reached by phone 5 days a week:
From Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Visiting? Fun! Your coffee (Nespresso) is awaiting you. Our opening hours are:
Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- And if you like numbers:
Our Chamber of Commerce number is: 30168605
Our VAT identification number is: NL100738138B01
- We do our best to bring these general conditions to your attention. It says what we do for you and what we expect from you.
- We are quite easy.
- We always tell you honestly what, when and how you can buy something, what it costs and whether you can return it. Is there a mistake on our product page? Then you can keep us at our word. Except when that mistake is so obvious that you could have known that in advance. If in doubt, you can always contact us. See article 2.
- You do business with us online in a secure web environment. We secure the website through encryption and constant software updates.
- If you place an order with us, you will receive a confirmation by email.
- We add all the information and data you need with your order, but you will find most of it on our website. We keep your order details.
Right of withdrawal
- Did you receive the article and are you not happy with it? Then you can return it within 30 days of receipt. We will send you a new article on request or your payment will be refunded within 3 days after receiving the return shipment.
- You do not have to give a reason, but we do have a curious nature.
Obligations during the cooling-off period
- During the cooling-off period, you may unpack the product and assess it as you would in the store. If you use the article in such a way that it is no longer in the condition as you have received it, it may be that you will receive less refund for the article.
Shipping costs in case of withdrawal
- If you want to return an item, then the shipping costs are for your account. We advise you to send the item by registered mail and insured. We do that too.
Obligations of Smits Philately on revocation
- As soon as you indicate that we want to send something back within 30 days, we will do this:
- We will send a confirmation after receipt of your request, and;
- After receiving the item, we will send a new article on request or you will receive your payment within 3 days.
Exclusion of right of withdrawal
- If upon receipt of the return shipment it appears that something of a stamp collection has disappeared, exchanged or damaged, it may be that we do not want to take it back.
- Of course we will discuss this with you.
- See article 4
- There is no difference between the prices in our store and on our website.
- All prices are including VAT (if applicable).
- Registered and insured shipping is always free.
Conformity and Warranty
- See article 4
- You are entitled to a good product. If something is wrong, we will resolve it for you. We always follow the Dutch law.
Delivery and execution
- We do our best to serve you well.
- If you order something from us on working days and we receive your payment before 17:00, we will send out your order the same day. If we receive your payment after 5 pm, we will send your order no later than the next business day.
- If a product is damaged or lost before it arrives at you or a designated recipient, that is our responsibility.
- We always ask you to pay in advance your order.
- Is something not in the payment details? Please, let us know..
- If you have a complaint, we will do everything we can to remedy it.
Of course we have a nice procedure for that.
- Report your complaint as soon as possible.
Describe or tell your problem clearly, then we can help you.
- You will receive an answer from us no later than within 2 days.
We help you immediately or we will tell you how much time we need to set it right.
- You can also submit a complaint about our products or service to the Dutch Association of Stamp Dealers via: www.nvph.nl. But we prefer to help you yourself. But we prefer to help you yourself. See article 3, paragraph 2.
- Do we not reach an agreement? Then you can submit the case to the NVPH Disputes Committee (NVPH Dispute Committee).If you choose to do so, we’ll regret that. But we respect your choice.
- We are affiliated with the NVPH Internet Guarantee scheme. If the Disputes Committee decides that we should refund you, we will abide by it.
- If you want to make use of the Internet Guarantee scheme, you must inform the NVPH via a form. You can find that form here.
Additional or deviating provisions
- These were our general conditions. Bright, right? If we change the conditions in the future, you will find this on our website. These changes are never to your disadvantage.